Summary

Alternative Name(s): Ribbon

This sash was presented to champion race horse Phar Lap after winning the AJC St. Leger Stakes at Randwick Racecourse in Sydney on the 19th April, 1930. It was retained by family of his trainer Harry Telford family, and was amongst a number of items donated to the museum by them in the 1990s.

Physical Description

Presentation sash consisting of a length of red woven silk, doubled over to form a loop. Along the bottom edges are short pieces of gold metal fringing. Towards the bottom of the front of the sash is sewn a metal loop whilst on the back is sewn a metal swan shaped clasp, which are both used to secure the sash when worn

More Information