Alternative Name(s): Ribbon

Sash presented to champion race horse Phar Lap after winning the VRC Derby at Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 2nd November, 1929. It was retained by family of his trainer Harry Telford family, and was amongst a number of items donated to the museum by them in the 1990s.

Physical Description

Presentation sash consisting of a long length of white woven silk, doubled over to form a loop. Along the bottom edges are long pieces of silver metal fringing. The sash is treaded through a large rectangular sterling silver buckle, held in place by three prongs. Around the front edge of the buckle are large engraved letters.

More Information