Zinc lined travelling trunk first owned by someone by the name of Cummings, inscribed on top of the lip, and was probably used in the 1880s by somebody migrating to Australia. It was subsequently acquired by Thomas Darragh in Melbourne for a trip.

Thomas Darragh was born in Ireland in 1876, and immigrated to Australia in 1887 where he joined cousins living in Warrnambool. Training as a tailor's cutter, he also joined the militia and eventually left Melbourne for London in 1903. He returned to Melbourne in 1926 when he married for a second time and worked as a tailor's cutter in Collingwood.

Physical Description

Trunk, made of wood with metal edges and zinc-lined.

More Information