Summary

Heavily used cloth covered booklet setting out rules for conduct of employees and telegraph signalling procedures for the North London Railway Company (1850-1922). This copy belonged to Herbert Noltey (1888-1969) who worked for the NLR at Poplar (East India Road) Railway Station from circa 1903-1904 before migrating to Melbourne, Australia. Poplar was the southern terminus of the NLR passenger service but goods trains ran through to the East India Docks. The area was heavily bombed during World War II and Poplar station was closed in 1944. It is now the site of the All Saints Docklands Light Railway Station.

Physical Description

Book with pink coloured cloth covered cover with North London Railway Company logo impressed in centre of cover with title text below.

More Information