Group photograph of the managers and employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932. The photo was probably taken at nearby Studley Park.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
Description of Content
The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd in a group portrait taken at Christmas 1932.
Sepia toned photograph on paper mounted on cream backing board.
Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, circa 1994
Printed in white on base of photograph: 'The Employees of Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Christmas 1932'. Signed in pencil below the photograph at bottom right: 'Dickinson Monteath'.
Type of item
504 mm (Width), 455 mm (Height)
Dimensions of mount board,
385 mm (Width), 286 mm (Height)
Dimensions of photograph only.