Summary

Display board showing tools and drawings used in the making of the Pendle Hall Doll's House.

The dolls' house was created by Felicity Clemons. She began working on it in the 1940's when her daughter Antonia, then about three years old, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which continued for a period of about 40 years and has resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall.

Physical Description

Rectangular board painted light grey with black text. The display board shows tools, drawings and samples of how the doll's house, people, furniture and flooring was made.

More Information