One of nine photographs taken by Robert Cutting on 25 April 2010 of the Newmarket Saleyards. These photographs were commissioned by the Kensington Community Group for use in preparation for the 150th Anniversary of the Newmarket Saleyards to be celebrated in 2011. The photographs document the Newmarket site from a current (2010) perspective.

Description of Content

Image of Newmarket Saleyards, highlighting the clock tower built circa 939 that sits in the central courtyard of the Administration Buildings on the Newmarket Saleyards site. The Administration Building in the foreground was constructed in 1874 and features a hipped slate roof. Following the closure of the saleyards, the Administration Buildings were refurbished and since 1989 have been used by the Kensington Community High School, a small government secondary college catering for students who require an alternative education program.

Physical Description

Colour digital photograph.


These photographs document were commissioned in preparation for the 150th anniversary in 2011 to be used as a tool to educate, acknowledge and promote the historical significance of the Newmarket Saleyards to the local community and media.

More Information