Male Doll from Room 12 - Entrance Hall, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From right side of staircase between the two female dolls.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Wooden male doll with articulated joints. Doll is wearing a black jacket over a dark green waistcoat with green buttons, a cream bow tie and black and cream plaid trousers.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 March 2010
Type of item
60 mm (Width), 25 mm (Depth), 125 mm (Height)
60 mm (Length), 25 mm (Width), 125 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.