Female Doll from Room 11 - Withdrawing Room, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. This doll stood near the open door.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Handmade wooden female doll. Hand painted with articulated joints. Doll is wearing a dark navy dress, cream lace around sleeves and neck and a red band around waist. Doll is also wearing a petticoat and pantaloons.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 March 2010
Type of item
95 mm (Width), 20 mm (Depth), 130 mm (Height)
95 mm (Width), 130 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.