Black & white photograph of a plaque commemorating 100 years of administration of the Royal Exhibition Buildings by the Exhibition Trustees, unveiled by Trustees Chairman, Mr Freeman Strickland OBE on 30 September 1981.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album.


Ten photographic albums maintained by the Exhibition Trustees' provide an invaluable visual record of the history, use, changes and restoration of the Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.

More Information