Black & white photograph of the completed Centennial Hall, taken from the south in October 1980. Centennial Hall was constructed between August 1979 and September 1980.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. The image is taken from the south-eastern corner of the Exhibition Buildings looking north and shows Centennial Hall approximately a month after its completion in September 1980. A single car is visible near the entrance while on the right of the image the buildings of the College of Mary Immaculate on Nicholson Street are visible. The French Fountain in the gardens in front of the eastern nave is just visible on the far right, and slightly behind it closer towards Nicholson Street is another fountain. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information