Black & white photograph of the Royale Ballroom taken from the west with car parking in the foreground, February 1979. The Royale Ballroom was demolished between March and May 1979.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View across a car park to the western side of the Royale Ballroom. Parked cars are in the foreground and in the background is the Convent of Mary The Immaculate and commissioned housing flats in Fitzroy.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information