Black & white photograph of the complete, new facade entrance to the convention centre, taken circa1978. The new entrance to the convention centre was built as part of phase 3 of the development of the eastern annexe, undertaken between February and September 1977.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A view of the entrance to the convention centre, with the mirrored glass of centennial hall to the right of the photograph and part of the Exhibition Building on the left. A tree, bust statue and lamp post are in front of the building.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is no caption.

More Information