Black & white photograph of form work and construction for the new facade entrance to the convention centre, taken 16 August 1977. The new entrance to the convention centre was built as part of phase 3 of the development of the eastern annexe, undertaken between February and September 1977.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A view of a building under construction, with part of the existing building to the left of the photograph. In the foreground the roofs of four parked cars can be seen as well as a bust statue atop a plinth.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information