Colour photograph of the interior of Ratskeller in the western annexe of the Royal Exhibition Building, taken in December 1982. Ratskeller was a replica German tavern opened in May 1973. It was relocated to the north wall of the western annexe in December 1982.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A view of the interior of a tavern, with the corner of the bar in the foreground and wooden tables in the middle of the room.

Physical Description

A chromogenic photographic print on paper on the page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information