Colour photograph of the interior of the northern room of the convention centre with the moveable door closed, taken in January 1981. The convention centre was built during the redevelopment of the eastern annexe between April 1972 and March 1973.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A view of a convention centre room full of blue/green plastic chairs. Curtains are drawn over the windows on the left hand side of the photograph.

Physical Description

A chromogenic photographic print on paper on the page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information