Black & white photograph looking through a hole in a brick wall over the destroyed Aquarium and Fernery site, to the dome of the Exhibition Building, 1953. This section of the eastern annexe was destroyed by fire on 28 January 1953.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View of the dome of the Exhibition Building framed by brick wall on the left and right hand sides. In the middle ground some palm trees can be seen.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information