Colour photograph of the interior of the western annexe of the Royal Exhibition Building, circa 1981. Ratskeller was moved from the east end of the western annexe to the northern wall between 24 November 1980 and 1 May 1981 to provide additional exhibition space.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View of the inside the western annexe with a concrete floor and support pillars. Ratskeller can be seen to the left of the photograph, otherwise the building is empty.

Physical Description

A chromogenic photographic print on paper on the page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information