Summary

Black & white photograph of the western end of the Great Hall fully refurbished after the removal of the Organ Gallery, taken in 1977. The Grand Organ was removed between May and August 1965.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

The western end of the Great Hall of the Exhibition Building with exit and no smoking signs above the doorway and suspended lighting overhead.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information