A print of Black & white sketch depicting the Grand Organ at the western extremity of the Great Hall, 1880. The Grand Organ was built in 1879-1880 by George Fincham of Richmond and was last played in 1920. The organ was removed between May and August 1965.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1980. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

Sketch of the inside of the Great Hall with people standing. The view is from the eastern end of the hall looking down to the western end and the Grand Organ.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a caption below the photograph.

More Information