Black & white photograph of the almost complete roof of the new western annexe of the Exhibition Building, taken circa mid to late 1962. The photograph shows most of the roofing in place for the new southern section. The old southern section was demolished between March and May 1962.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

Steel framing and roofing for the new southern section of the western annexe with the northern section on the right hand side of the photograph. In the foreground on the left hand side of the photograph is a very small part of the roof of the Great Hall, from which the photograph has been taken. In the background there are buildings in Carlton and beyond.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is no caption.

More Information