Black & white aerial photograph of the Exhibition Building from south west, taken in 1963. The photograph shows the Exhibition Building, eastern and western annexes, a car park on the site previously occupied by the British Migrant Reception Centre and the new stadium annexe which was built on the Aquarium site in 1962.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

An aerial view of the Exhibition Building taken from south west showing the Great Hall, annexes, the Hochgurtel fountain and car parking. In the background are buildings on the eastern side of Nicholson Street.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information