Black & white aerial photograph of the Exhibition Building from north east, taken in 1963. The photograph shows the Exhibition Building, eastern and western annexes, a car park on the site previously occupied by the British Migrant Reception Centre and the new stadium annexe which was built on the Aquarium site in 1962.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

An aerial view of the Exhibition Building taken from north west showing the Great Hall, annexes, the eastern forecourt and car parking. In the background are cars and buildings on Rathdowne Street as well as part of the Carlton Gardens. In the foreground are cars and buildings on Nicholson Street.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information