Black & white aerial photograph of the Exhibition Building from south east, taken in 1948. The photograph shows the eastern and western forecourts, the Hochgurtel fountain, the eastern and western annexes and the oval.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

An aerial view of the Exhibition Building showing Nicholson Street in the bottom, right-hand corner and Rathdowne Street in the top, left-hand corner. Buildings, roadways, gardens, trees and marquees are visible.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information