Black & white photograph of a commemorative plaque, taken circa 1980. The plaque commemorates the laying of the foundation stone of the Royal Exhibition Building on 19 February 1879.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A close up view of a rectangular plaque. The plaque has the seal of the Commissioner for the International Exhibition at the top with 16 lines of text filling the rest of the plaque.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is no caption.

More Information