Illustrated catalogue listing the key features and specifications of BSA's post-World War II motorcycle models produced for export markets such as Australia. Includes the popular 500 cc single-cylinder side-valve M20 model of which 126,000 were manufactured for the British armed forces during World War II. Also includes the flagship 650 cc twin-cylinder A10 Golden Flash Model, the 350 cc M32 and 500 cc M34 single-cylinder Gold Star models and Competition versions of other standard designs. At the time this brochure was produced BSA was Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer and one of the market leaders worldwide.

The BSA brandname was derived from the Birmingham Small Arms Company founded in June 1861 in Birmingham, England, by a collective of independent gunsmiths from the Birmingham Small Arms Trade Association. After transforming Birmingham's small arms industry through the introduction of mechanised mass production and standardised components, BSA later diversified it's manufacturing interested, producing bicycles and cycle components from 1869, motor cars from 1908 and motorcycles from 1910. BSA Cycles Ltd was set up as a subsidiary company in 1919, to manufacture both bicycles and motorcycles. BSA motorcycles were sold as affordable machines with reasonable performance for the average private or commercial user. BSA stressed the reliability of their machines and the availability of spares and dealer support. Their designs used a mixture of single and twin-cylinder side-valve (SV) and overhead-valve (OHV) engines offering different performance for various roles.

Physical Description

Staple-bound 16 page booklet with red leather-grain textured cover printed in gilt lettering. Inside pages printed in limited colour (orange, tan and black ink) on white stock.


'BSA Motor Cycles, Overseas Edition'

More Information