Female doll, known as Mrs. Proudfoot, from Room 6 - Kitchen, Basement Central Section, Pendle Hall. Mrs Proudfoot was the cook and with her husband Mr. Proudfoot, the butler, the head servant in the household.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Four and a half inch articulated doll, hand carved in wood with painted face and wearing household cook clothes. She wears a beige dress with a white apron and a white lace bonnet. There is a small 25mm disc for standing the doll upright.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 March 2010
Type of item
70 mm (Width), 23 mm (Depth), 135 mm (Height)
70 mm (Length), 23 mm (Width), 135 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.