Chair from Room 1 - Larder & Store Room, Basement, Left Section, Pendle Hall. From far right hand wall, next to meat cool store, in front of desk.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Wooden chair, stained dark brown, with a woven string seat. Decorative cut-away design across the back of the chair. Double rungs across three sides of the chair: front, left and right.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 March 2010
Type of item
28 mm (Width), 30 mm (Depth), 70 mm (Height)
28 mm (Length), 30 mm (Width), 70 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.