This is one of a series of photographic material in print, negative and/or digital formats covering CSIRAC machine and the people associated with it. The series was acquired from the University of Melbourne in 2003.

Description of Content

Built by Brian Cooper in 1950-52 as auxuillary storage. It was intended as an experimental prototype, however, it was actually installed and gave good service during the time the computer operated in Sydney. It was replaced by a disc when CSIRAC recommenced operation in Melbourne in 1956. 23 October, 1951.

More Information