Image from a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, agricultural implement manufacturer, importer and distributor, Sunshine, Victoria.

Founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s, the company became H.V. McKay Pty Ltd in 1921 then merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd in 1930. Then in 1955, this company was in absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity becoming Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited.

Description of Content

Portrait of Bill Sloane, McKay and Massey Ferguson dealer in St. Arnaud. Sloane's father manufactured castings in St. Arnaud for H. V. McKay when the factory was in Ballarat up to 1906.

Physical Description

Black and white silver gelatin photograph.

More Information