Description of Content

Close-up of Ron Lewis standing in front of the partially completed repilica of John Duigan's 1910 biplane that he built in the late 1980s. The photogaph was taken after the airframe was completed and had been fitted with a VW 4-cylinder engine, propellor and tricycle undercarriage similar to the original, but before fabirc covering was applied to the wings and control surfaces. The aircraft is sitting on a grassed area of the Mangalore airfield and it pitched upwards with the front wheel off the ground. Ron is standing between the forward elevator frames in front of the engine with his hands holding the airframe.

More Information