Description of Content

Side view of the completed airframe for the repilica of John Duigan's 1910 biplane built by Ron Lewis, of Heathcote in the late 1980s. The photogaph was taken after the aircraft was been fitted with a VW 4-cylinder engine, propellor and tricycle undercarriage similar to the original, but before fabirc covering was applied to the wings and control surfaces. The aircraft is sitting on a grassed area of the Mangalore airfield and it pitched upwards with the front wheel off the ground, so the is rests on the two rear wheels of the undercarriage and the vertical tailplane bracing spur.

Physical Description

Colour photographic print on Fujicolour Paper.

More Information