Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

15,000 kW Metropolitan-Vickers-Thompson 3,000 .p.m. 6,600 V AC 50 cycles/sec 3-phase Turbo-Altenator Set installed by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) in the engine room at Melbourne Electric Supply Co's Green Street Power Station, Richmond, Victoria. The unit was first activated on 7th May 1929.

Physical Description

Black & white silver gelatin photographic print.

More Information