Monochrome photograph depicting an illuminated building in Melbourne on Spring Street as part of the 1934 Centenary celebrations. It is part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Illuminated building in Melbourne. Looking south down Spring Street, the Treasury Building is shown on the left. People are pictured sitting and standing out the front, three women and a child are shown about to cross the street.

Physical Description

Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.

More Information