Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Rotor from No.3 Curtis-BTH 1,000 kW vertical-shaft turbo-alternator set being lifted by overhead travelling crane in engine room of Melbourne Electric Supply Company's Green Street Power Station, Richmond, Victoria, Jul 1910. In the background can be seen the No.4 Parsons-Brush 1,500 kW turbo-alternator set installed in 1908.

Physical Description

Sepia toned black & white silver gelatin photographic print.

More Information