'Victorian Savings Bank' nickel plated money box with swing handle, (no key).

The Savings Bank of Port Phillip was established in 1842. After a number of mergers, it became known as the State Savings Bank in the early 1900s, before becoming part of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in 1990.

Physical Description

Nickel plated metal money box in the form of a small safe, with an engraved plate across the front. Hinged flat metal handle on top, barrel lock on front, coin slot on right hand side and circular slot for rolled bank notes on left hand side.

More Information