Summary

Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of a rectangular plaque presented by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney branch to the Abbotsford staff of Kodak Australasia, for their "sterling efforts" providing assistance through the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War II, 1946-1947.

This photograph is one of a series of eight black and white photographs.

Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.

This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.

Description of Content

This photograph features a rectangular plaque presented by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney branch to the Abbotsford staff of Kodak Australasia, for their "sterling efforts" providing assistance through the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War Two.

Physical Description

Black and white silver gelatin photograph, printed on medium weight paper, landscape format with a white border.

Significance

These are photos of the Sydney Branch dinner (card on official table has Sydney Branch printed on it). The rectangular plaque is being restored by Neville Williams. The plaque presented to Miss Cameron is presumably still in her possession. D. Allen, 14/10/85

More Information