Summary

Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of a rectangular plaque presented by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney branch to the Abbotsford staff of Kodak Australasia, for their "sterling efforts" providing assistance through the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War II, 1946-1947.

This photograph features a shield shaped plaque presented to Miss N.E. Cameron by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney branch, for the "valuable service rendered" to the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War II.

Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.

This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.

This photograph features a shield shaped plaque presented to Miss N.E. Cameron by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney branch, for the "valuable service rendered" to the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War II.

Description of Content

This photograph features a plaque presented to Miss N.E. Cameron by the ex-servicemen and women of Kodak Australasia Sydney, for the "valuable service rendered" to the Kodak Comforts Fund during World War II.

Physical Description

Black and white silver gelatin photograph, printed on medium weight paper, landscape format with a white border.

More Information