A four valve radio receiver, home-made, mounted on a metal support.
The radio components are mounted in three compartments on a metal sheet support. There are three brown plastic tuning knobs on the front, a toggle switch and two sockets for electric plugs. There are four valves, three condensers and other radio components mounted inside.
Donation from Mr Milton Crompton
Dr K McTaggart, Hawthorn East, Greater Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1935-1945
A card belonging to Dr. McTaggart has a handwritten list of power connections, which match the power leads of this radio. The radio appears to have been made from 1920s components, but is likely to have been built in the late 1930s or early 1940s.
On valves: " PHILIPS / Miniwatt / MADE IN HOLLAND " On condensers: " HYDRA / CONDENSER / HYDRAWORKS BERLIN " On component: " BRUNET / POWER PLUS " Painted in white ink on base: " L105 "
Type of item
430 mm (Width), 230 mm (Depth), 200 mm (Height)