Electric pump motor for No.10 Well. This motor was made by GEC Co. Ltd, serial no. C20626, 400 horsepower, 440 volt. It was installed in 1938 along with an identical pumpl. In March 1942, both pumps were removed and stored at Watsonia by the army for safekeeping in case of an air attack on the Spotswood Sewerage Pumping Station. They were re-installed in 1943 when the threat of attack had passed. The centrifigal pump unit was made by Kelly & Lewis in Springvale, Victoria.

More Information