Brass handbag frame, sample used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The firm imported handbag frames, buckles and other decorative parts, and manufactured leather handbags.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Handbag frame comprising two curved lengths of brass joined at the ends with a screw, like a hinge. A decorative clasp features along the top - a semi-circular plate embossed with floral and leaf motifs, and a curved bar. The brass is tarnished.

More Information