Product catalogue of leather goods from Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd, circa 1932.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Catalogue featuring a soft card cover, faun in colour, with a textured surface. The title is printed in gold ink inside a solid black square with a decorative gold border. The name of the business is printed underneath, in black, with a coiled rope and "S" motif below. Inside are 28 pale cream, glossy pages with illustrations and information about a variety of leather products, printed in dark brown ink. Black and white photographs showing men and women modelling the garments are also included. A rectangular price list, printed in dark brown ink on folded, glossy cream paper, is inserted between the pages. A hole is punched in the upper left corner, two staples along the spine secure the catalogue. Housed in a plain brown paper envelope.

More Information