Sample of Pithecolobium dulce seeds in jar. This was collected and prepared by T.N.Mukharji as part of his work for the Indian Botanical Gardens. It was donated to the Museum by the Indian Government, Calcutta in 1887. Used for medicinal purposes. Believed to be exhibited at the 1888 Intercolonial Exhibition.

Physical Description

Cylindrical glass jar with glass stopper containing oily, dark brown seeds. White paper label with handwritten text in black ink affixed to front. Two printed 'Science Museum of Victoria' labels with handwritten text affixed to front and reverse.

More Information