Order of Service for the East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation, dated 1940. The East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation was formed in 1857 under the leadership of Reverend Moses Rintel following his leave from the Melbourne Hebrew Congregation. They received a government land grant in 1859 on the corner of Little Lonsdale Street and Stephen Street (today Exhibition Street), and in 1860 erected a small synagogue on the site. In 1870 the congregation moved to a new site in Albert Street, East Melbourne, where a new synagogue building was consecrated in 1877.
Single sheet, blank ink printed on white.
These items represent some of the most significant themes in Melbourne's history - primarily the gold rush and Melbourne's city boom and suburban spread in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Melbourne Hebrew Congregation/ORDER OF SERVICE
Type of item
2D Dimensions - Document
20.2 cm (Length), 12.8 cm (Width)